Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

Well, the Holiday season has officially begun in the Pilote household. Last night, we got out the tree! It wasn't the typical 'put up the tree' kind of night. Things have changed now that we have a 15 month old running around. 5 minutes into decorating we had one little noisy toddler in all the Tupperware and shortly after that a broken glass ball on our hardwood floor. Needless to say, we decided to finish trimming the tree once she was down for the count. She does love the lights though... can't wait to see her reaction when we get all the decorations up. I'm pretty pumped about them myself!

This morning, I was catching up on some emails in the kitchen while having my homemade gingerbread latte. It was super quite in the living room where Liv was, expect for the tunes of Mickey Mouse ClubHouse of course, so I decided to check it out. As I rounded the corner, there was my BIG girl, sitting in the big chair with her sippy cup and monkey, just watching TV. When did this happen? When did she turn into an independent toddler who doesn't need her mommy's help to get up in the chair? I'm not really sure, but I can't believe it!

As for recent happenings, last weekend we spent time with Jesse's mom's family for their family reunion. OK was right in the middle of all the big kids, pretty sure she thought she was one. She loves playing with other kiddos, big or small. There are lots of little girls on this side of the family that love to carry her around all day, and of course she wasn't complaining about that! Mimmie and Gottie were gracious enough to bring the 'bus' (that's their RV, the triplets named it that) up so Jesse, Liv, and I would have a quiet place to sleep. Liv and I slept in the big bed together... first time she has ever really slept with me. It was sweet, but I was pretty excited to get her back into her own bed Sunday night. At least with Jesse I don't wake up with feet in my ribs! All in all, it was a great weekend, with lots of food, and lots of laughs. What a blessing.

Liv had a special visitor this weekend too. It was her first time to meet one of my mom's best friends, who was like a second mother to me growing up, MEME! She has heard lots about her and finally got the chance to hear some of Meme's tall tales in person. I was so very happy to see her myself, it's been a few years now as she lives in Virginia. We really enjoyed our visit with her!

We are, wait I should say I am almost done with all the Christmas shopping! I love shopping early so I can enjoy it and it's not such a hassle right before the big day. We are looking forward to lots of holiday events around here. It will all be so different this year as we do not have a baby anymore, we have a toddler!! But we are loving every minute of it!


XOXO
J, C, and OKP

Olivia Kate helping Pops get ready for the reunion




Olivia Kate, Mom, and Meme

2 comments:

  1. Olivia Kate sounds spunky just like her mama!! I love seeing the pictures of her on your facebook and blog. She is precious! And I'm so glad that y'all got to spend some time with Meme. She looks exactly like she did 15 years ago!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for OK, I would agree she getting plenty of her personality from ME!!

    And you are so right Katie, Meme looks, and acts, exactly the same!! We miss her so much... her visits are so fun for us.

    Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete